Creating a Strong Business Climate
The Heartland Independent Business Association is committed to bringing Nebraska’s state and local elected officials, business leaders, chambers, and educational organizations together to create opportunities and growth for small businesses across all regions in our state.
Economic Regions – Nebraska is not a “One Size Fits All” state.
- We must focus on economic regions, which are vital to the business success across the state.
- Local opportunities depend on the local population for businesses to be viable and sustainable.
- HIBA helps identify the areas and industries that will best suit the needs of each region.
- Values – Nebraska is a great place to work, live and raise a family.
- Cost Living – overall, is below the national average– currently 13th in the nation.
- Crime – We rank the 10th safest state to live
- Friendly – #1 advantage is our people! Nebraska has the friendliest people in the nation.
- Heartland Independent Business Association leverages Nebraska’s people, communities, government, educational institutions, corporations, industries, and resources.
- We eliminate friction to improve the entrepreneurial and small business environment through mindset, education, capital funding, and mentorship.
- We eliminate barriers to business through policy and regulation change.
- Focus on growth opportunities.
Attract, educate, and retain talent.
- We are a leader in Nebraska’s small business efforts.
The Heartland Independent Business Association is on track to make Nebraska the best, most friendly state to open a small business.
Nebraska has jumped into the top 10 states for business in 2022, coming in at 7th in the annual ranking released by CNBC. The Cornhusker